Established in 1928 under the name of the Australian Lutheran Aid Society, Fullarton Lutheran Homes initially rented a house for the purpose of Aged Care at 23 Edmond Street, Hyde Park.
Two years later, in 1931, the Society purchased the residence at 54 Fisher Street, Fullarton and transferred its work to this new site.
Over the years, the complex has grown and now covers the area bounded by Fisher, Frew, Watson and Darby Streets.
In 1995 the Administration section moved to 14 Frew Street and a new Nursing Home facility was built on the 54 Fisher Street site in 1996-1997.
In 2003, a new building Protea Wattle was opened, providing new Low Care Residential Care rooms and Serviced Apartments.
In 2007, Jacaranda Acacia, a new and partly refurbished building was opened, providing new facilities for 54 High Care Residents.
Under God’s guidance, and with the support of the Government and many friends, the Home has grown from a small and humble beginning into the present large complex.